Retaining information between DHCP requests

Bill Shirley Bill at Henagar.PolymerIndustries.biz
Thu Oct 9 22:46:25 UTC 2014

On 10/9/2014 6:29 PM, CLOSE Dave wrote:
> Sten Carlsen wrote:
>
>> Could you put a client-identifier into the final image? Or some other
>> identifier that can be matched?
> Perhaps. I'll have to investigate. PXE loads only two files, a kernel
> and a compressed initial ram disk (initrd). Presently, I'm using the
> vanilla versions of each for Fedora 20. Perhaps there's something in the
> initrd that I can adjust.
>
>> The purpose would be to match the final image to a class, leaving all
>> the kickstart stuff alone.
> Do you have any suggestion of what I might change?

Does kickstart send the hostname every time?
if (option host-name = "kickstart") {
     option domain-name-servers 10.0.1.10;
}

or:
class "kickstart" {
         match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) = "kickstart";
         option dhcp.host-name = "kickstart";
         option fqdn.hostname = "kickstart";
#       option domain-name      "kickstart.example.com";
#       option ddns-domainname "kickstart.example.com";