Retaining information between DHCP requests

CLOSE Dave Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com
Thu Oct 9 23:23:28 UTC 2014

Bill Shirley wrote:

> Does kickstart send the hostname every time?

Actually, it doesn't seem to send hostname ever. The only potentially
useful field unique to kickstart in any of the messages is the
vendor-class-identifer. And that appears only in the first DISCOVER/REQUEST.

However, following up on Sten's suggestion, I find that the initrd does
contain a dhclient.conf file. All it contains now is,

 > request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
 >         domain-name, domain-name-servers, domain-search, host-name,
 >         root-path, interface-mtu;

Perhaps I can add something to this file.
--
Dave Close, Thales Avionics, Irvine California USA.
cell +1 949 394 2124, dave.close at us.thalesgroup.com

"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind,
of what then is an empty desk?" --Albert Einstein