ISC DHC 4.2 EOL planned

Victoria Risk vicky at isc.org
Thu Oct 23 21:30:14 UTC 2014

ISC DHC Users-

The downloads page on the ISC web site (http://www.isc.org/downloads/) shows the planned EOL date for all posted software. We were talking internally about our ISC DHC server EOL plans, and realized that those of you who get your software from our own or mirror ftp sites may not be aware of our EOL plans.

At the moment, we have 3 release trains posted:
ISC DHCP 4.1ESVR10 - The posted EOL date is December, 2014
ISC DHCP 4.2.7 - The posted EOL date is March, 2015
ISC DHCP 4.3.1 - The posted EOL date is ‘TBA’

We are currently working on a maintenance release, that we will apply across all three trains. This is planned for March, 2015. This will be the last maintenance release for the 4.2 train.

We had planned to EOL the 4.1 train at the end of this year, but we have decided to extend our support for 4.1 ‘a while’ longer. We want to have more than one release available and we think some of our users will need continued support on the 4.1 train.

When we release 4.3.2, we plan to designate the 4.3 release as an ESV, or Extended Support Version. At that point, there will be two ESV versions available.

If you have feedback about this plan you can reply on-list, or if you prefer, direct your comments back directly to me, vicky at isc dot org.

Regards,

Vicky Risk,
Product Manager