Remove the unspecified gateway from linux routing table

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Tue Feb 17 20:53:38 UTC 2015

At Tue, 17 Feb 2015 17:35:45 +0100,
Eugène Ngontang wrote:

> No as you can see, they are connected to separated VLANs.

  I wonder how you suppose that I can see this, as there doesn't seem
  to be any mention of VLANs in your earlier messages.

  Some more questions come to mind:
  - how are the VLANs separated
    (tags in a common broadcast domain, or disjoint sets of switch ports)?
  - how is traffic routed between the VLANs?
  - where is the DHCP relay located?

> But as I also told you, the issue is just for this single client,
> the other with same characteristics and OS are working fine.

  Since one client behaves differently, there must be at least one
  significant characteristic (in the client, relay, server, network
  path, or the coherence between these) which is not the same.

  Best regards,
  Niall O'Reilly