Setting hostnames

Laurence Bartrum (NBI) Laurence.Bartrum at nbi.ac.uk
Mon Nov 23 15:50:04 UTC 2015

Hi All

I have two centos VMs using dhcpd version 4.1.1-P1, there is also failover peering between the two.
These two servers also do dynamic DNS updates to BIND instances running on the same two servers.

This pair service two networks, one needs the DDNS records, the other doesn’t.

I want to be able to set the hostname (and ddns hostname) for this second network using a string + the last four characters of the mac address.
EG networkclient-ef45.train.local

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Thanks
Laurence
Laurence Bartrum
NBI Partnership Ltd