Static IP and IP management

Bernard Fay bernard.fay at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 20:24:50 UTC 2016

Thanks Glenn,

Of course I saw it in the man page but yet I have no clue how to use it and
more specifically how it will be useful for us. I think I'll have to
experiment with it.  So far, what I understand is that an IP will be
assigned by dhcpd daemon and the only, and probably good way, to find the
IP assigned to a server will be by doing a nslookup on the hostname. Of
course if proper integration is done with BIND.

Thanks,
Bernard