DHCP Server and Client on same interface

Sumant Gupta sumantgupta at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 16:43:51 UTC 2017

Eugene can please comment in my below scenario,it would be really helpful.
 i am writing an application on host machine that reads the data from
client which is connected serially via COM port to host machine where dhcp
server is running,so i read the dhcp solicit from the serial interface from
client and my application writes  to the TAP0 interface where dhcp server
is running.
Now to write the data to TAP0 interface my application needs to populate
the source MAC ,destination MAC i .Destination MAC I can populate but how
to fill the Source MAC?.

Purpose is to provide Dhcp address to the serially connected Client?

Sumant