Relay ident. and response modification

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Tue Sep 26 18:12:22 UTC 2017

Ok, that subject isn't very clear, so let me try to explain.

[I'm kind of grasping for a way to handle a situation that's unusual - at least to me - and so I'm just thinking about ways to go about it. Thus my question might not have a sensible answer/solution.]

Explaining the layout logical and physical is also complicated - so let me just ask this.

I'll have multiple relay agents handling relay of DHCP requests to the DHCP server.

Depending on which relay agent handles the request I want to return a different set of gateways. [Different gateways, but the same subnet.]
So, for example
-request from Client 1 comes through agent A. [Subnet 10.0.0.1/24] and I want to return Gateway X
-request from Client 2 comes through agent B. [Subnet 10.0.0.1/24] and I want to return Gateway Y

Recap: Both client 1 & 2 will get an IP from the same subnet, but will/should get different gateways depending on which relay they use. [I have no other easy way (I can think of) to distinguish the client, other than which relay the request comes through.]

Is this possible?
Pointers as to how?

TIA
-Greg