Aw: Re: Re: ISC dhcp assigns ip addresses outside dynamic range

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Fri Jul 6 05:25:31 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Thu, 5 Jul 2018, perl-list wrote:

> This line:
>
> Jul  5 13:14:35 a-rl-dhcp1 dhcpd[20145]: bind update on 10.91.120.80 from dhcp-failover rejected: unknown IP address
> Makes it seem like it was handed out dynamically. Static assignments with fixed-address are not written to a lease file. They are also not sent to the peer.

There is no lease for a static reservation but you can provision static reservations to the lease file by omapi.

You will find things like this in the lease file in those cases

 	host foo  {
 	  dynamic;
 	  host-identifier option agent.circuit-id "foo";
 	  fixed-address 192.0.2.100;
 	}

 	host bar {
 	  dynamic;
 	  hardware ethernet 00:50:00:00:00:01;
 	  fixed-address 192.0.2.101;
 	}

I have a patch that also allowes provisioning of hosts with host-identifier via omapi.

Propably not the case here but I would still want to check.

Greetings
Christian