Aw: Re: Re: ISC dhcp assigns ip addresses outside dynamic range

Frank Ulherr dhcp at ulherr.eu
Sat Jul 7 17:29:46 UTC 2018

Hi

>  perl-list <perl-list at network1.net> wrote:
>
> In my experience, when an IP has been assigned by 'fixed-address' inside a host statement (OMAPI or dhcpd.conf) it does NOT keep a lease for it in dhcpd.leases.  It does NOT inform the failover peer.  If you attempt to release such address, the DHCP server will log that the lease is not found.
>
> Thats what is telling me that this was handed out dynamically.  Thats why i wondered about restarting after config change.  Its like one of them has it included in the range and the other does not hence why it is saying "unknown IP address".

The configuration itself is correct? range.conf and dhcpd-static-hosts.conf is the same on both hosts.

Primary:

option domain-name-servers 8.8.8.8
option time-servers 10.91.120.1
option option-222 code 222 = ip-address;
option option-222 10.91.120.48;

ddns-update-style none;

default-lease-time 600;
max-lease-time 7200;

authoritative;

log-facility local7;

failover peer "dhcp-failover" {
  primary;
  address 10.91.120.210;
  port 647;
  peer address 10.91.120.211;
  peer port 647;
  max-response-delay 30;
  max-unacked-updates 10;
  load balance max seconds 3;
  mclt 600;
  split 128;
}

include "range.conf";
include "dhcpd-static-hosts.conf";

Secondary:

option domain-name-servers 8.8.8.8
option time-servers 10.91.120.1
option option-222 code 222 = ip-address;
option option-222 10.91.120.48;

ddns-update-style none;

default-lease-time 600;
max-lease-time 7200;