allow dhcp only for known mac addresses

Sten Carlsen stenc at s-carlsen.dk
Wed Jul 18 13:41:05 UTC 2018

Hi

On 18/07/2018 15.35, Vivek Patil wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have setup ISC DHCP server 4.2.4 on ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I need to
> activate allow DHCP to only those machines whose mac I allowed. All
> unknown mac machines should be deny.
I use classes with membership based on HWaddress (MAC), I put every MAC
in a subclass statement in an include file. The benefit of doing things
this way is the I can also assign router info and other things to each
MAC independently.

The other option is to use a host statement but leave out the fixed
address stuff.