doubt dhcp relay agent.circuit-id and remote.circuit-id

Patrick Trapp ptrapp at nex-tech.com
Wed Mar 20 19:48:47 UTC 2019

On our network, the network gear populates the agent.circuit-id, which tells the destination DHCP server where the request originated. We manipulate that value on the network gear, but it is a function of the configuration options on that gear rather than something handled via ISC-DHCP software.

I realize that’s probably of little value for you, but we use that value extensively – just not the way I think you are striving for. I’ve forgotten what you said you were trying to accomplish. Perhaps if you remind us what you want to do, one of the more experienced folks on the forum can help you get what you want through a different method.

Cheers!