Regarding the dhcp lease time

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon May 6 20:26:49 UTC 2019

Murali Krishna <muralikrishch at gmail.com> wrote:

> While analyzing the logs, it has been observed that the system time is updated to very old time stamp(almost 5yrs back).

On the server ? If this is the case, then the DHCP service is not your problem. You need to find out what's going on with the system clock - until you do that then it's pointless trying to solve other problems.

On the client ? In this case, then I can only *guess* that the client service is seeing the time difference between the system clock and the end time/date it has stored, and updating something accordingly.

It might help if you showed the actual log entries, not just the timestamps. In any case, the cause of the clock changing should be the focus of your investigations.