no subnet declaration & not configured to listened on any interfaces error message trouble

glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Feb 27 14:43:11 UTC 2020

Hi Charles,

The broadcast address in the interfaces file doesn't match the subnet:

broadcast 192.134.130.31

should be

broadcast 192.134.130.47

and that might cause dhcpd to think the local ip address is not in the
subnet.

Second thing is that the ip address of the dhcpd server is in the
defined range for dhcpd to hand out. The range should be specified as

range 192.134.130.34 192.134.130.42;
range 192.134.130.44 192.134.130.46;

regards,
-glenn