OMAPI object queries

Tom Pusateri pusateri at bangj.com
Tue Dec 22 01:13:23 UTC 2009

I've been looking at the OMAPI object interface to create interactive tools to manage dhcp and dns.

I wanted to ask it what subnets it knew about, what were the ranges on those subnets and what leases were allocated.

It seems as though this is pretty difficult with the current OMAPI interface. Overlooking the fact that some things just aren't implemented yet, I can't figure out any way to ask it for all objects in a class. You have to know the objects first before you can ask for them.

So, is there a plan to extend the OMAPI interface or would anyone be interested in me adding a JSON interface to the server where these kinds of queries could be accomplished in a RESTful manner over HTTP?

I sent a note back in November to the dhcp-hackers list but never got a response so I thought I would try here.

I'm trying to add something useful and not work on something no one else wants.

Thanks,
Tom