struct client_state

gorentla shekar gcs244 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 10:47:55 UTC 2009

Hello All,

I currently going through the dhclient.c.  I am seeing processing of a linked list of client_state structures.  When is a linked list of client_state is used, situations other than alias?

I have a set of physical network network interfaces.  They are not visible to the user.  I have an interface say 'myNet'. This myNet is visible in the user space.  To send/receive on the non-visible interfaces, I can use the myNet interface with a multiplex/demultiplex mechanism built into this interface (by an IO option) to send/receive any of the invisible interfaces.

I am thinking if I can use the linked list of client_state structures with the myNet interface.  Kindly suggest.  What are the changes required?

Thanks,
gcs