On-going work on DHCP project : RFC4361 support

Rene Garcia rene.garcia at sogeti.com
Mon Mar 15 15:25:32 UTC 2010

   Hi,

   Here is some additional information on Thomas'work : the stored
DHCID in DNS servers will change and therefore upgrading to this new
behaviour will need a lot of work to migrate old emulated TXT DHCID to
new ones. That's why I aked him to add support for real DHCID RRs in
DNS as ISC BIND 9.5+ seems to handle them.

   Including Thomas'code change into the CVS tree is a major change
and creates an incompatibility with existing DNS records. How can we
handle this ? Maybe using an optional compilation using a new
--enable-feature option in configure script ?

   Therefore I hope his work will be usefull for the DHCP project.

   Regards,
René GARCIA