(no subject)

J.C. Moore [Jerry] jcmoore at dal.mobil.com
Thu Aug 12 16:23:21 UTC 1999

Thanks, but no thanks, to your intelligent input.

Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou at nec.co.jp> gave me the fix.
That inndstart had to be owned by root. It was owned by news.

Your speculations are unwarranted since you do not know what the
proximal cause of why news was not starting up anymore. In other
words, news was running before the crash but changes that needed to
be done as chmod -R news:news changed the inndstart.
There is also no mention in the INSTALL that inndstart had to be
owned by root. innd-2.2

I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.