identification of posters with identd

Piotr Klaban makler at man.torun.pl
Thu Dec 2 09:25:02 UTC 1999

Hi,

I know that there were patches for nnrpd that
enabled identd, I have done that some time ago also,
but now I have a fresh thoughts...

Would not it be useful, if nnrpd would identify
a user with identd response during the posting phase?

If there is a multiuser machine on your network, and
one user would send spam - with identd you can identify the account,
otherwise you will need to watch processes of that
machine, or even block all the users to prevent spam.

Additionaly, what do you think of permitting/denying access
only for
	identd-response at server
in nnrp.access?

I can write a patch for that, if you tell me if you
want it, and if you tell me what source I need to have
as a base code.

Best regards,

Piotr Klaban