innd hangs in current CVS?

greg andruk gerglery at usa.net
Sat Dec 4 11:01:50 UTC 1999

On 3 Dec 1999, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Had either of you not yet updated to a version after Kondou's
> groupbaseexpiry fixes?  Upgrading to the latest version from one before
> those changes requires an overview rebuild.

Looking now, I think that might be it; the copy I'd been running up to
date stuff on wasn't using overview.

I'm still bothered about the symptom, though; innd went into an infinite
loop on its second OVgroupadd().  It might be enough to document somewhere
that if innd goes looping on startup and enableoverview is true, then the
NOV files are b0rken and need fixing.