Documentation on the use of innfeed?

Sangohn Christian christian.sangohn at post.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Dec 11 08:25:37 UTC 1999

Hello everyone!

I´d like to run a local INN on my standalone machine running Debian GNU Linux
2.1.
I connect to the internet via PPP so what I need is to have the newest
articles downloaded as soon as I´ on line. By now i know I sould put this
script in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d

The inn server is installed and already running. Now I need to feed it with
news articles. Can I do that with innfeed? If yes how? Can someone point me to
a faq, howto or some other documentation that could help me solve my problem?
The man pages
innfeed (8) - multi-host, multi-connection, streaming NNTP feeder.
innfeed.conf (5) - configuration file for innfeed
startinnfeed (8) - setuid root program to start innfeed
were helpful for the configuration of innfeed but not on how to use it for
feeding innd

Thanks in advance.
--