Documentation on the use of innfeed?

Elena Samsonova E.Samsonova at planetinternet.nl
Mon Dec 13 09:51:29 UTC 1999

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, Sangohn Christian wrote:

> I´d like to run a local INN on my standalone machine running Debian GNU Linux
> 2.1.
> I connect to the internet via PPP so what I need is to have the newest
> articles downloaded as soon as I´ on line. By now i know I sould put this
> script in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d
>
> The inn server is installed and already running. Now I need to feed it with
> news articles. Can I do that with innfeed? If yes how? Can someone point me to
> a faq, howto or some other documentation that could help me solve my problem?

Innfeed is meant to send articles *from* your INN server to the Internet,
so you want to do the opposite.  What you need is a separate program
called "suck" which is not a part of the INN distribution.  You find it on
www.linux.org.

For sending your own postings out to the Internet, you can best use
nntpsend which is a part of the INN distribution, you can send them to the
same news server from which you read the news.  See INN Implementation
Guide on URL:

  http://web.inter.nl.net/users/Elena.Samsonova/unix/INN/v2.3/

Good luck
Elena