Posting

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 27 14:02:26 UTC 1999

Richard Couture <rrc at myrddin.imat.com> writes:

> When I post an article via nnrp the article is queued in my
> /var/spool/news/incoming dir.

It should have gone directly into the spool.  Possible causes of this are
if you've inadvertently set a posting host in inn.conf, or if the run
directory (/usr/local/news/run by default) isn't in the same place as
nnrpd expects it to be.

> When I run rnews -U the articles are then placed in my spool, BUT they
> do NOT go to the feed...

> How do I get them to go to BOTH my spool and to the feed???

This generally means there's something wrong with your newsfeeds file.
What do your outgoing feeds look like?