INN 2.3 / Missed Articles

Kevin McKinnon kevin at sunshinecable.com
Wed Dec 29 19:39:18 UTC 1999

Happy impending New Year to all!

We've just (re)upgraded the software on our news server.
The box is a P3-500, 384 MB, dual SCSI-UW controllers, ~56 GB.
Slackware 7 (Linux kernel 2.2.13) and INN2.3 snapshot 1999-12-22_03-01
We're running CNFS throughout.  The load is typically less than 1.0.

In an effort to improve the 'completeness' of our spool, we've
recently added more peers to the server, and we're still noticing
quite a few missed articles.  For example, despite having 2 satellite
incoming feeds and 4 terrestrial, the MP3 newsgroups have virtually
*no* multipart postings that are complete.

Can anyone on the list suggest ways of checking where the weak link
is?  Incoming feeds?  Hardware or software causing dropped articles?

Any advice is appreciated, and thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Kev

Kevin McKinnon                                   kevin at sunshinecable.com
USENET News Server Administrator            newsmaster at sunshinecable.com
Sunshine Communications Cable Internet             www.sunshinecable.com
[INN2.3  cronkite.sunshinecable.com  feed current:7.2Mbps, peak:7.9Mbps]