my distaste for readers.conf grows

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at atgi.net
Wed Nov 17 00:51:57 UTC 1999

Aidan,

i hope you didn't take my comments (which started this thread) personally.
For me it's kind of like buying one of those venerable ShopSmith(tm) units
in order to drill one hole. it's *too* versatile a tool for the very simple
job i want done. That doesn't mean that there's anything wrong or lacking
in the ShopSmith(tm) - it's still a great tool, whether or not I need all
that functionality.

i think what others have echoed is most relevant: more real-world examples
are needed, since the documentation is pretty sparse.

best regards,
paul