CNFS problem in storage.conf

Qonita qoni198 at puspa.cs.ui.ac.id
Thu Nov 25 02:05:02 UTC 1999

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Frank Swasey wrote:

> > here's my storage.conf :
> > #}
> > method cnfs {
> > 	newsgroups: juita.etf,junk,control
> > 	class: 1
> > 	size: 0,2048
> > 	expires: 0s,10d
> > }
> >
> > method cnfs {
> > 	newsgroups: ristek.*,forum.*,control.cancel
> > 	class: 2
> > 	size: 2049,10240
> > 	expires: 0s,30d
> > }

I still dont understand what do this expire headers do.  How do they work?
How do I know what the expire header says?
How do I specify an expire header, or how to have the articles having
expire headers?

I really dont know about this expire headers stuff.
Can someone explain it?

Thanks for your answers.

> Where do you want articles stored for groups juita.etf, junk, and control
> that are bigger than 2048 or don't have an expire header, or have an
> expire header that is greater than 10 days?  How about ristek.*, forum.*,
> control.cancel posts that are smaller or bigger than the range you gave or
> have an expire header outside the specified range?
>
> IIRC, anything without an expire header is not going to match either of
> these and will fall off the end.
>
> Frank

@ Qonita a.k.a niet @
                          -- living on vegies and fruits is beautiful --