Very strange

James_Brister at iengines.com James_Brister at iengines.com
Mon Nov 1 14:36:13 UTC 1999

The pid of the old innfeed before the crash was 326 and when the system came
up controlchan got that pid. Innfeed stores its pid into a file so later
instances can check that it's still running before they do anything. innfeed
saw the pid in the file was being used, but just assumed it was another copy
of itself. The locking innfeed uses is a very portable, but no very
robust. Something a little more modern (and now more portable) should be done.

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 09:20:31 -0500, Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> said:

> An inn 2.2.1 machine lost power overnight, and it has one of those !$@#$!#$
> ATX-type power supplies so it didn't come back up when the power to the room
> was restored, needing somebody to restart it manually last night after I'd
> left.  Since it restarted, however, every two minutes I saw this in news.err:

James
--
James Brister                                            brister at iengines.com
Internet Engines Inc. / Internet Software Consortium     brister at vix.com