dbzinit error ...

Heath Kehoe hakehoe at norand.com
Wed Nov 3 16:31:05 UTC 1999

>Huh?
>

>Nov  3 00:41:54 hub innd: SERVER cant dbzinit /news/admin/db/history Numerical argument out of domain

I recently saw something like this too, when I first built INN with largefile
enabled.  My OS (HP/UX) has a similar largefile api as Solaris, I think.  But
since the getconf thing in configure doesn't work with HP/UX, I added the
necessary compile flags manually.  When I added "-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64" to the
CFLAGS and rebuit everything, I got the same error.  Also got something similar
with makedbz.  But when I also add "-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE" when building, it
works fine.  I don't know what changes when I add that extra define, but I'll
try to track it down when I get a chance.

--Heath