dbzinit error ...

Matthias Urlichs smurf at noris.net
Wed Nov 3 16:43:19 UTC 1999

Hi,

Heath Kehoe:
> [...]  When I added "-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64" to the CFLAGS and rebuit
> everything, I got the same error.  Also got something similar with
> makedbz.  But when I also add "-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE" when building, it
> works fine.  I don't know what changes when I add that extra define,
> but I'll try to track it down when I get a chance.

Note that -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE is the standard way of specifying that you
want large file support. I'd be not at all surprised if using some
other flags only yields partial success (or none at all... as it
apparently does in your case) and I wouldn't put too much effort
(if any) in tracking this down.

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  noris network GmbH   |   smurf at noris.de  |  ICQ: 20193661
The quote was selected randomly. Really.    |      http://www.noris.de/~smurf/