linux and rawdisk...

Miquel van Smoorenburg list-inn-workers at news.cistron.nl
Wed Nov 3 19:38:20 UTC 1999

In article <cistron.199911030832.DAA04859 at chaos.ao.net>,
Dan Merillat  <harik at chaos.ao.net> wrote:

>I see linux dosn't support mmap() on raw disks.
>
>open("/dev/hdd", O_RDONLY)              = 3
>mmap(NULL, 1024, PROT_READ, MAP_SHARED, 3, 0) = -1 ENODEV (No such device)
>
>Is this possible?

That's right. If you compile and install the module from
ftp://ftp.cistron.nl/pub/people/miquels/kernel/v2.2/rawfs-0.6.tar.gz
you can use raw partitions with mmap() and INN.

Mike.
--
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.
Reply to the list or to miquels at cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)