linux and rawdisk...

Sven Paulus sven at tin.org
Wed Nov 3 20:15:22 UTC 1999

In article <7vq2vc$eie$1 at defiant.cistron.net> you wrote:
|> That's right. If you compile and install the module from
|> ftp://ftp.cistron.nl/pub/people/miquels/kernel/v2.2/rawfs-0.6.tar.gz
|> you can use raw partitions with mmap() and INN.

Do you have some performance numbers for this? For example is the article
receive rate higher when using raw partitions instead of continous files on
a ext2 filesystem? Has the caching behaviour changed? Is there an impact on
innfeed (having to read from disk vs. getting it from the cache)? I guess,
there is no chance to break the 2GB limit using raw partitions?

Sven