dbzinit error ...

The Hermit Hacker scrappy at hub.org
Fri Nov 5 05:15:40 UTC 1999

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Basil Kruglov wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 05, 1999 at 02:26:53AM +0100, N wrote:
> > Richard Michael Todd wrote:
> >
> > > Large file support *should* work OK on FreeBSD or any of the other BSDs as
> >
> > Not my experience (tried only on FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT at the time).  Unless
> > support for this (long int off_t) was added within the last year I think
> > something is still amiss.
>
> FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE
>
> > I tried 4 GB cycbuffs, IIRC; even 2 GB didn't work so I put a bundle of 1
> > GB buffs on each 4.3 GB disk.  On a more recently built server I used
> > 1024*1024*2 - 1024 bytes, which works like a charm, I can say.
>
> I got 2.5 and 4gigs cycbuffs, everything is fine, except one small thing not
> related to all this, history keep growing and growing.. and its taking hours
> and hours to rebuild it every night with expireover lowmark.

FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE:

%ls -lt /news/spool/articles/disk_five/
total 12280016
-rw-r--r--  1 news  news  12568576405 Nov  5 00:14 bin_one

have had it since I switched to CNFS :)  cnfsstat -a can't read it, mind
you, but never had a problem with INN/C-code...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: scrappy at hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org