nnrpd bug...

Fabien Tassin fta at oleane.net
Mon Nov 8 10:39:58 UTC 1999

	Hi,

I've upgraded an early version of INN 1.8 to the latest snapshot.
It's a leaf server with a lot of local groups.
Before the upgrade, this server did not using SAPI, now, it does
(with only 5 tradbuf storage classes).

The problem is that nnrpd shows wrong article numbers..

$ grep comp.compilers /news/db/active
comp.compilers 0000001028 0000001005 m

$ ls -al comp/compilers/1028
-rw-rw-r--   1 news     news         1929 Nov  5 08:09 comp/compilers/1028

list active comp.compilers
215 Newsgroups in form "group high low flags".
comp.compilers 0000001028 0000000000 m

group comp.compilers
211 0 0 0 comp.compilers

article 1028
423 Bad article number

"list active" (without argument) is right (because it just shows the active
file). Retrieving comp/compilers/1028 by message-id is ok.

It seems like this problem occurs only in groups that haven't received
articles since the upgrade.

This a problem for me because I have a lot of groups that never expire
and half of them have a very low traffic. I also have 2 or 3 other
servers to upgrade soon but these ones are bigger and in production
with a lot of readers/customers..

Any idea ?

Fabien Tassin -+- fta at oleane.net