Problems compiling inn-1999-11-10_03-01

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 11 01:54:06 UTC 1999

Tom Kacvinsky <tjk at ams.org> writes:

> /usr/local/include/arpa/inet.h:103: conflicting types for `inet_ntoa'
> ../include/clibrary.h:97: previous declaration of `inet_ntoa'

My mistake; inet_ntoa should be added to the AC_REPLACE_FUNCS section of
configure.in and then both autoconf and autoheader need to be re-run.  I
don't have a virgin INN tree at the moment, though (both of mine have
extensive uncommitted modifications) and can't easily make the fix just at
the moment.

Workaround is to add #define HAVE_INET_NTOA to config.h after it's
generated.

I'm not sure what's up with the other warnings you were getting.  It
sounds like it's not getting uint32_t right.  That's odd; I'm not sure why
that would be.  Does your config.log say anything interesting about the
uint32_t test?