Bug in buffindexed?

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Mon Oct 4 01:28:57 UTC 1999

In article <Pine.BSF.4.10.9910031639460.485-100000 at thelab.hub.org>,
	The Hermit Hacker <scrappy at hub.org> wrote;

} One thing I'm curious about, and that is how painfully slow it is to
} recreate the overviews...rebuilding history takes no time, but I ran
} 'makehistory -I -O' on a PII server with 768Meg of RAM and something like
} 36gig of full CNFS buffers, and after ~14hrs I said to hell with it, wip'd
} out the CNFS/overview buffers and started with empty spools again...

It'll take less time if you have enough space for temprary
directory which is specified with '-T' and give 0 to '-l'.
Default is 100000 for '-l'.  See makehistory(8).
--
Katsuhiro Kondou