overchan in 2.3

N niels at bakker.net
Tue Oct 5 07:52:19 UTC 1999

Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

>} Are you sure this has been fixed?  I just saw another article disappear
>} into the void - one I posted myself... I'm now running the
>} 1999-10-03_03-00 snapshot.
> Are you still seeing the same problem you said?  Or that problem
> is gone but you see another?

Turns out I was too impatient.  Apparently overchan is backlogging bigtime
so it took considerable time (>2h) for that article to appear.  This all
after I rebooted the machine to upgrade its BIOS (weird interaction
between FreeBSD and ASUS's RTC interrupt handling causing almost all
system statistics like CPU time used to be zeroed).

Sorry for the false alarm. (Current problems are purely my fault.)

	-- Niels.