trying to narrow down nnrpd problem ... in newgroups?

The Hermit Hacker scrappy at hub.org
Wed Oct 6 04:16:17 UTC 1999

Sounds logical...totally missed the OVgroupstats when I looked through
that code...

First question, then...how does the following logic work:

        if ((atol(q) < date) || !OVgroupstats(p, &lo, &hi, &count, &flag))

if atol(q) < date is true, then does it skip doing the OVgroupstat, or
does it depend on compiler/OS for that?  I seem to recall a discsussion in
a course way way backl about this, but from working on wu-ftpd code last
night, either I'm remembering the conversation wrong, or totally forgot
how to do it...

If this is not the case, might it not be better to do:

if(atol(q) < date) {
  continue;
else {
  if(!OVgroupstats()) {
    continue;
  }
}

to hopefully reduce the number of calls to OVgroupstats(), if nothing else
can be done? *raised eyebrow*

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: scrappy at hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org