configure/build system patch

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Oct 9 18:25:47 UTC 1999

Russ Allbery <rra at Stanford.EDU> writes:

> I need to go get some sleep, but I think I have my changes in a somewhat
> stable state.  You can grab a copy of the current diff from:

>     ftp://ftp.eyrie.org/pub/software/news/inn-build.diff

> if you want to play around with it before I get back on-line.  It built
> successfully on Solaris and Linux.  Unless there are lots of complaints
> about it, I'll give it a try on a few more systems and then declare it
> good enough and check it in.

Whoops, forgot to mention.  After applying this patch, you need to run:

        autoconf
        autoheader -l include

to generate configure and include/config.h.in.  With this patch,
config.h.in can be generated automatically again.

My intention after getting these fixes checked in is to merge configdata.h
into acconfig.h (and thereby into config.h) and eventually retire
configdata.h entirely.

It looks like innfeed has an independent build system that relies on a lot
of #if checking of machine #defines?