configure/build system patch

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Oct 9 18:06:23 UTC 1999

I need to go get some sleep, but I think I have my changes in a somewhat
stable state.  You can grab a copy of the current diff from:

    ftp://ftp.eyrie.org/pub/software/news/inn-build.diff

if you want to play around with it before I get back on-line.  It built
successfully on Solaris and Linux.  Unless there are lots of complaints
about it, I'll give it a try on a few more systems and then declare it
good enough and check it in.

If anyone's got a SunOS machine out there, I'd be interested to see if it
will build on SunOS.  The other system type that I can't easily check is
straight BSD (there are lots of different OSes here, but they're pretty
much all SysV at this point).

Greg, may want to make sure I didn't break Python, since I don't have the
latest version installed anywhere here yet and therefore can't easily
check it myself.

With this patch, the only remaining subst victim is configdata.h.