Severe xover corruption problems on INN2.2.1

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Mon Oct 11 22:17:50 UTC 1999

In article <19991011154914.D13633 at garg.mpn.cp.philips.com>,
	Hans Lambermont <Hans.Lambermont at garg.mpn.cp.philips.com> wrote;

} Nope, in fact it is quite small: 13/overview is 7397378 bytes compared
} to my biggest one (5/overview is 71829706 bytes).

I see.  Can you find overview data which you said corrupted
in 13/overview?

} Because the overview code i run is removed in 2.3 i might be better off
} with running 2.3 alltogether. But AFAIK there are two overview methods
} in 2.3, correct ? How clear is it which one will win in the long run ?

Yes, there are 'tradindexed' and 'buffindexed'.  Both has
same functionality but buffindexed wins in performance I
believe.  I've been running it over a month on solaris2.5
without problem.

} And do you consider 2.3 stable enough for production ? Or should i stay
} with 2.2.1-Release as 'we' advocate in isc.org ?

As for buffindex I think it's quite stable, and for 2.3 as
a total it's almost stable, though someone doesn't think
so.  I'm thinking I'll switch our all reader box to 2.3
next month.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou