Severe xover corruption problems on INN2.2.1

Hans Lambermont Hans.Lambermont at garg.mpn.cp.philips.com
Mon Oct 11 13:49:15 UTC 1999

Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

> All uniover stuff in 2.2* is already gone for 2.3.

That's what i thought ...

> I have no will to incorporate it again into 2.3 because of the too
> slow reader performance for large servers.

Agreed. I wasn't asking for it btw.

> } Note that most of this corrupt uniover file was generated by my
> } makehistory run. So simply running it again won't help. I think my
> } makehistory run is hindered by the same bug that caused the uniover
> } corruption in the first place.
> Isn't that uniover over 2GB?

Nope, in fact it is quite small: 13/overview is 7397378 bytes compared
to my biggest one (5/overview is 71829706 bytes).

[dangerous open mind mode on]
Because the overview code i run is removed in 2.3 i might be better off
with running 2.3 alltogether. But AFAIK there are two overview methods
in 2.3, correct ? How clear is it which one will win in the long run ?
And do you consider 2.3 stable enough for production ? Or should i stay
with 2.2.1-Release as 'we' advocate in isc.org ?
[dangerous open mind mode off]

Hans Lambermont