Problem with makehistory and buffindexed

Andrew Kemp andrew at larry.cc.swin.edu.au
Fri Oct 15 00:41:17 UTC 1999

Greetings,

I have upgraded our news server, and changed the configuration to
use buffindexed (thanks Katsuhiro).

However, when I try and rebuild the history with the command :

makehistory -b -f /tmp/history.n -O -I -T/tmp -l 300000

the makehistory command runs for a while and then just hangs - no updates
to the new history file, no new overview, etc. I have left the
program running for over 24 hours and still nothing.

Help please. Thanks.

Regards,

Andrew Kemp

--
Unix,WWW,Proxy,News,DNS,LDAP,... Administrator	Phone	: 61 +3 9214-8252
Information Technology Services			Fax	: 61 +3 9214-8944