CNFS-sm: size overflows bitmaps

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Fri Oct 15 02:06:37 UTC 1999

In article <7u47vi$rru$1 at defiant.cistron.net>,
	list-inn-workers at news.cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg) wrote;

} What does this mean? I didn't change anything other than INN itself.

This may happen if cycbuff header read by innfeed
is older than current one.  To avoid this innfeed
need to read the header everytime before retrieving
article.  This may lead performance problem.  Anyway
you can understand that the article has already gone.

} Another weird thing is that one of my innfeed processes has grown
} to a VSZ of 2139540 MB (about 2 GB!) with an RSS of 100 MB.

This is relevant to above a bit.  I think you can
avoid this by setting cnfscheckfudgesize in inn.conf.
Recommended value is some kilo bytes.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou