Draft INN FAQ posted

Hans Lambermont Hans.Lambermont at garg.mpn.cp.philips.com
Tue Oct 19 10:49:57 UTC 1999

Russ Allbery wrote:

> I posted a draft of a new INN FAQ to news.software.nntp; you can also get
> a copy at <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/inn.html>.  The intention
> is for it to be similar to the old INN FAQ: specific troubleshooting help
> and answers to frequent questions, but not much in the way of tutorial or
> general overview (there are better formats for that sort of information).

Good start ! I suggest we add a list if not-yet-answered questions to
it, in order to make sure the documents will be a 'live' document.

Also, as Elena apparently stopped with her INN2.x faq at
http://web.inter.NL.net/users/Elena.Samsonova/unix/general/INN/v2.0/
(document no longer found) i suggest we add it to this new document.
Elena: where can we find the document ?

Furthermore, we should add a chapter on upgrading from one (1.4.x,
1.7.x, 2.0) to the current INN.

Also a chapter on typical initial setups will prove valuable. Like
'small-intranet-only' to 'minor-feed server with local groups' to
'maxed-out full feed' server. There are a lot of questions on how to
setup one of these.

What do you think ?

Btw, as it stands now it is even a good general overview, as you
intended it not to be ;-)

regards,
   Hans Lambermont
ir. Hans Lambermont, Architect/Developer, Hans.Lambermont at nl.origin-it.com
Origin IT MS/INS, Intranet Services       tel/fax: (+31 40 27) 85376/88729
PO Box 218, 5600MD Eindhoven, Netherlands VN507      gsm: (+31) 6 53252172