still problems with overview/expireover

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at atgi.net
Mon Oct 25 00:01:28 UTC 1999

well, i rebuilt my overview from scratch (this is solaris 7 on ultrasparc,
inn-1999-10-20_03-01, buffindexed overview to rawdisk). now, instead of
segfaulting and dropping core during expireover, i simply get lines in the
syslog complaining "expireover[24470]:buffindexed: could not open overview
for xyz". manually running expireover on the group ( echo "xyz" |
expireover -f - ) returns virtually the same error "expireover: could not
expire xyz". I guess that's an improvement over dropping core, but it still
leaves me with a bit over a thousand groups 29000 for which there's no
overview data. I've no clear idea why overview can't be created for these
groups....

i'd be happy to run whatever diagnostics might help in tracking this down.
This is a reader box that's in production, however we have only a handful
of folks who have actually started using it.

btw, i ran buffindexed on control.cancel, and it generated 217 megs of
output...!
--
Paul Theodoropoulos                 Advanced TelCom Group, Inc.
Senior UNIX Systems Administrator             Internet Services