Hmmm, what's that doing there?

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Mon Oct 25 19:26:09 UTC 1999

I was trying to find where "newslib" is set, because somebody asked on
news.software.nntp.  And while I was grovelling through the source code, I
noticed that in innshellvars.pl, it's set to $pathlib.  So I started
grovelling for $pathlib, and for the life of me I can't find that being set
anywhere.  Have a look:

$ find . -type f -print | xargs grep pathlib
./obsolete/innshellvars.csh.in:set inn_newslib = ${inn_pathlib}
./samples/innshellvars.pl.in:$newslib = $pathlib;
./samples/innshellvars.pl:$newslib = $pathlib;
./site/innshellvars.pl:$newslib = $pathlib;

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.
SETI at Home:  Finally a *good* way to impress Jodie Foster