Strange problem

N niels at bakker.net
Fri Oct 29 00:49:00 UTC 1999

> 1. I can list all newgroups without any problems.

That's good; means innd is probably running properly.

> 2. I can send a message to any newsgroup, but the message will not reach
> the newsgroup. (I checked if it would reach the same newsgroups at
> another nntpserver, but it didn't).
> 3. The message I sent will appear at my own nntpserver, but not at any
> other.

2 and 3 contradict each other.  Which one is it?  do local postings make
it or not?

> 4. I don't get new news in any newsgroups.

News doesn't magically appear.  I believe you were told already on
news.software.nntp to get a newsfeed.  See http://www.usenet-se.net/
for possible peers, or (better) ask your provider.

	-- Niels.