Case sensitivity in newsfeeds

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at atgi.net
Fri Oct 29 20:48:23 UTC 1999

At 12:54 PM 10/29/1999 , Javier Henderson wrote:
>Russ Allbery writes:
>
>  > caseEQ() is a case-insensitive comparison.
>
>         I agree, however, I had the following entry:
>
>hsnx.callatg.com/hsnx.callatg.com
>
>         and I noticed I was offering them what they were offering me. I
>looked at the Path: header, and it was HSNX.callatg.com. I added that
>to the newsfeeds entry, and the problem went away.
>
>-jav

I had recently brought on a new peer who also commented on this. It was the
first of my fifty or so peers to note a problem with it.

i know, i know, i shouldn't use caps in a domain name, but to the best of
my knowledge, i'm violating no rfc's, just etiquette, in doing so, and it
*shouldn't* cause any problems, although apparently it is...

everything associated with that name is consistently in caps as above - the
server's hostname, the dns, all of my entries in my inn configuration.