Size question ...

Kjetil Torgrim Homme kjetilho at ifi.uio.no
Wed Sep 1 22:53:20 UTC 1999

[Charlie Watts]

>   Is there anyway to do something like this? Is there anyway my
>   land-line feeds can "delay" sending articles to me for several
>   minutes? Seems like it would require an enormous emount of buffer
>   space to do so ...

The default operation of Diablo is to batch everything and send it off
every five minutes.  I have feeds which I delay half an hour with no
significant loss of performance (well, I'm less likely to hit the
cache ;-) so it's best to run the batched feeds simultaneously.)

It shouldn't be too hard to do the same with innfeed run from cron.  I
used to do it with innxmit in INN 1.5.

Kjetil T.