list archives?

The Hermit Hacker scrappy at hub.org
Thu Sep 9 01:06:02 UTC 1999

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Richard Michael Todd wrote:

> In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.9909081918490.54336-100000 at thelab.hub.org>you write:
> >
> >I'm trying to find out how to resolve:
> >
> >tradindexed: group cache is full, waiting 10 seconds
> >
> >I swear I've seen this one go through before, but I can't find any links
> >to a list archive to search *sigh*
> >
> >This is with -current sources...pointers to the list archive and/or answer
> >to this question greatly appreciated...
>
> That indicates there's a bug somewhere in the group cache code in ov3.c, as
> that cache should never be getting full under the kind of usage makehistory
> does.  Something somewhere is failing to decrement its usage count on the
> cached group, leaving the ov3 code to think that the cache is full and
> all the cache entries are currently being used by one thread or another
> (yeah, I know, there's only one thread, but the code in question is looking
> forward to the days when we have multithreaded INN.)
>
> FWIW, I did a makehistory here several days ago, and didn't see that
> problem.

The machine has 128Meg of RAM on it...I'm trying a build with
--enable-tagged-hash, but it just doesn't sound to me like this is
related... :(

Hopefully Katsuhiro is around shortly, since this is all his code, I
think...:(

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: scrappy at hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org